Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Playgroup

Six years ago I joined a mom's league in our area to meet other stay-at-home mom's. I thought we'd share the highs and lows of motherhood, have playdates, and meet up for lunch. Well, Colton and I did join a playgroup with other kids born within a month or two of him. That playgroup was as much for the moms as it was for the little 1yr olds who were there to "play" together. Little did I know 6 yrs ago that these remarkable women would become some of my very best friends. How lucky I am! Together we've had lots of laughter and tears - childbirth, childrearing, death, divorce, etc. Thanks girls for being such great friends! You have made such a difference for me over the last 6 years and I look forward to many, many more.Jen, Debra, Penni, me & AmyThe kids!
We had a special little birthday celebration for Colton and Dani with just their playgroup friends. They ran around like crazies, ate cupcakes and opened presents. How fun!
Our group six years ago was a little different. Some of our friends have moved away though we wish they'd hurry back. Penni - we're holding our breath, so please come back! Colton and Matthew are the only two boys left since all the boys have moved away. They are great playmates!
My dear friend, Sabrina, is missing from these pics because she just had her 4th girl!!! Yeah! We're all so excited to get our baby fix with little AnneMarie.
What makes your girlfriends so special????

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think it's so great that you are all still so close! And to think it's all because of me! =} KIDDING, but I'm glad you came to that first Moms League meeting with me!

Calli said...

Jen I give you total credit with hooking me up. Thanks a bunch!