Sunday, August 10, 2008

Addictions

Okay, so I'm now totally engrosed in watching as much of the Olympics as I can possibly see. I've got everything set for the dvr just in case I miss anything crucial to my olympic happiness. Sleeping is totally getting in my way! I can't reitterate enough that I'm an Olympic Addict. OAA anyone???? I've got to take a break to watch Michael Phelps compete in the freestyle 4x100 relay. If you missed it tonight, you must watch it on http://www.nbcolympics.com/ and be amazed! And what about Darra Torres? 41 and still an olympic athlete and a medal winner! WOW!!! I also just saw a gymnast compete at 33 yrs old who I watched compete in 1992.

Okay, so as you all know, my other addiction is Coca-Cola. How appropriate that Coke is a huge sponsor of the Olympic games. Here is the wording for one of their commercials....


"If you've had a Coke in the last 80 years, you've had a hand in making every Olympic dream come true."


I have to say that I took great pride in all of the olympic dreams I funded single-handedly!!



I even have my kids watching. We love it all! What are your favorite events?

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay, I watched the synchronized diving... oh my heck. I sat with my mouth open most of the time. Making an impressive dive is awesome in itself but to do it along side another person and be perfect~~~amazing! I love the swimming & gymnastics. I don't have cable so I watch whatever NBC decides to air.

Kendra said...

I'm with you...totally addicted to the Olympics. I had to erase tons of things on the dvr, so we'd have room to record it all. Then we can skip through anything that gets a tad boring.

Yesterday I loved watching the women's cycling and women's gymnastics, and of course...the USA men winning the swimming relay...priceless! :)

Casey said...

We are loving the olympics too! So fun! And, I'm grateful to know that the proceeds from my Diet Coke addiction is going to such a great cause. It kind of makes me feel the need to go out and get one right now. If your TV goes out (which I don't really see happening, but just in case) you know you can walk down the road and join us because we've definitely got our seats planted in front of the TV every night. ;)

The Dawg Pound said...

OK, so you do have an accomplice in the coca-cola funding of the Olympics, remember. Your blog is looking great. I can't stay on top of mine anymore, oh well, we try, right. Love,teresa

The Tait Family said...

Calli-
Being the "blog stalker" that I am, I found yours through Sarah Combs. Such a cute family! It looks like you all are doing well. We live in Orlando, FL. We love it out here. You'll have to check out our blog sometime. That will catch you up quick. You'll have to give me a few days since we have been out of town and I have a million pictures to upload to it. Tell your parents hi!

The Tait Family said...

I actually found you through Carlyna's blog!

Katrina said...

Yes, I must have paid for at least 100 athletes competing with all the diet coke I've consumed just this year! I'm staying up WAY too late watching these games. Why does school have to start next week? Don't they know we need a week to recoup sleep?

Ashli Brown said...

Compared to you I havent contributed much to the olympics but I do love my coke when I have it. Sadly we lost our appeal for the olympics very quickly, and sticking to the gymnastics and michael phelps only.

Can you ask Carlyna to send me an invite to her blog please.