Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Festival

We had a great time together Friday night at a Fall Festival for our ward at church. It was outside at a historic farm in Grapevine. The kids had a trial run in their Halloween costumes and if I do say so myself, they looked darn cute! There was a cake walk and lots of fun playing carnival games. Colton was feeling pretty "free" from parental supervision and ran crazy with his friends. I kept asking Joel, "Have you seen Colton???" and he just kept reassuring me that he was having a great time and we'd find him later. Well, he found us when it was time to start the trick-or-treating portion of the night - only because we had his candy bag. I could tell at that moment that he'd find me only when he desperately needs me. Maybe this is a sign of things to come! He is almost 7 you know and feeling quite grown up!
Ladybug & Harry Potter
Danika is doing this funny thing in pictures now where she has to touch her face. Usually she's pulling her cheeks out and making a "monster" face. Thankfully we took this pic caught her just before that scary face!

7 comments:

Ashli Brown said...

Seriously cute kids and great picture shot of all yall. Sounds like it was fun!

Unknown said...

Well done on the costums cal they are the cutest Harry Potter and lady bug I have ever seen!!

Stephanie said...

They look great! Crys turns six on Tuesday... I have already been hearing all about how 'grown-up' she is. Ugh... and so it begins.
Your festival looks like it was fun.
Love you!!!

Rochelleht said...

Oh, they were SO cute! What a fun night.

The Dawg Pound said...

Hey, we just had our trunk or treat at the church tonight! We were helping and it was a lot of work, we hardly saw Cayden or Preston either, since he believes he can do whatever cayden does, so that was kind of nice. I love Dani's smile, so cute.

Anonymous said...

Great family picture! Their costumes turned out amazing.

Megan said...

Your kids are darling the their Halloween costumes. I just love Halloween and Fall and everything that goes along with it!