Sunday, July 20, 2008

Car Shopping

Okay, so everone knows that one of my favorite things to do is shop. I enjoy shopping for basically anything. . . except for cars!!! Tomorrow is Joel's birthday so I thought a great present would be a new car. He's been driving the same car for 8 years - almost the entire time we've been married. I probably shouldn't admit this in a public forum, but I have backed into that Camry quite a few times with my Yukon, so its bumper is quite dented up. I'm not proud of the fact that I don't use my mirrors, but it is what it is. Well, suggesting that he get a new car has opened up a whole can of worms. Recently he has been bringing to my attention how many miles I put on the Yukon and how much it costs us in gas. I continually remind him that as a stay at home mom I have lots of errands to run, playdates to get to, and general household responsibilities that require driving. I know that I only have two kids, but there's no way I can downsize to a vehicle that doesn't have a third row. We always have friends with us or I'm hauling our huge dogs around. . . so I need the space! Let me just say that I'm happy with the Yukon I drive, but Joel is sure that if he's getting a new car, then I need a car with a back-up camera so I don't back into his new pride and joy. Hopefully this matter will all be settled by next weekend (since the good deals happen at the end of the month). Any suggestions for great cars???? These are two we like!

5 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Hands down, the Lexus. It's foreign. Greg loves his Lexus sedan and I would love that SUV for my next car. One of my best friends drives it (I guess 2! Katri does as well). It's a great car. The Cadillac is too big, IMHO.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Joel!
Lance's BD is in ten days... he's getting cake and ice cream, LOL.
Good luck in your shopping adventures....

The Dawg Pound said...

I just have to say the cadillac reminds me of our new Suburban and I love it!! But if I didn't have so many kids I bet the Lexus is a nice drive. Happy Birthday to Joel too.

Carlyna said...

I'm confused. I thought Joel was concerned about an SUV b/c of the high gas prices...so why again are you all looking at another SUV?

Calli said...

We just can't bring ourselves to get a fuel efficient vehicle. The only thing we know is that mine will have a backup camera!