Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cycling

Over the past few months I developed a love for cycling. I've been taking classes at the gym for years, but I've just discovered the greatness of riding outside. Saturday I went on a 30 mile group ride. Positive - I finished and it wasn't too difficult! Negative - I had my first official crash!!!! FYI - if you are riding in a group of 15 people and you drop your waterbottle, don't stop to pick it up . . . you might cause a crash! A brilliant man a few bikes in front of me did just that! The poor woman in front of me lost control and went tumbling right in front of me, leaving me no where to go. Needless to say, I'm bruised up but no broken bones. I was able to finish the last 10 miles and then "milk" my crash as best as I could when I got home!


Thankfully, my crash was nothing like this!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry to hear you crashed but wow to finish a 30 miler! That is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I'm glad you weren't hurt too badly. 'm so proud of you. What a fun new adventure!

Carlyna said...

Calli if it makes you feel any better...the first time that one of my friends went out for a ride we stopped for a break. All of a sudden I look over and she's on the ground. Her first crash/fall involved no one but herself and we weren't even moving...HILARIOUS! I'm glad you caught the fever, now I'll have one more person I can go for rides with so get ready.

Rochelleht said...

WOW! I can't even imagine attempting it in the first place, so you get props from me. So sorry about the crash, though. YIKES!