Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A New Year

This summer went by so fast! Some days were the "dog days of summer", but it flew by and I didn't do all of the great things I had planned to do with Colton and Dani. Oh well, I'll keep the list for next summer. Not really, I'd loose it!

Sometimes I just can't believe how big my kids are getting. Colton started 1st grade and is loving it now. PE everyday really helps him love it! When I picked him up the first day I asked him how 1st grade was and he said, "Okay, if you like school for 7 hours!" in a really sarcastic voice. He just can't believe that kindergarten gets out a whole 45 minutes earlier than him. It's tough being a first grader! He loves riding the bus and doesn't really want me to meet him at the bus stop after school because he'd much rather look like a big kid.





"Get out of here, Mom, and stop taking pictures!!!!"



Danika is now in the "Bunny" class at Noah's Ark Preschool. She is so excited to go, but she wants to go everyday. Too bad, little one, twice a week is enough to be away from mommy. She pick out a "Hello Titty" shirt to wear on her first day.



Overall, the first week went great! I did get a call on the 3rd day of school from the nurse at CES warning me that Colton had a run-in with another student while playing freeze-tag and to expect a bump on his head. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting this to step off the bus!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That's quite the eye to bring home the first week of school. I'm sure the other guy looked worse! It is amazing to think our kids are in school. They grow up so fast. Sometimes I wish time would just slow down.