Friday, September 12, 2008

Puppy Love

Okay, so I never really thought that I'd end up a dog owner. Of course, growing up with mom allergic to anything "petish" and thanks to dad being a marine biologist, by education, we got a lot of fish! At night we'd just lay and watch the fish in the tank. Not quite the best pet, but there was no responsibility on my part, so it worked out just fine. Fast forward to me marrying a cowboy who grew up on a small farm. Fish were just not going to be enough for Joel. It didn't help that Colton's first sentence was, "When can I get a dog????" I put him off by saying that you have to be five to have a dog, but then he turned five!!! Needless to say, with much debate about the kind of dog we'd get, we found our puppy. Colton named him Boston, since it rhymed with his cousin, Austin.


Danika (2 1/2) & Boston (2)



Just over a year later, Santa brought us Henry. Surprise!!! They definitely add a lot to our family - a lot of responsibility and a lot of fun. Great idea Colton!
Colton (6 1/2) & Henry (1)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your BACK! I thought the Olympic Addictions had done you in! The school pics are cute...

Calli said...

The olympics did do me in for an entire month! I'm back in the swing of things! Yippee!