Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun Weekend

What a weekend! We had a lot of fun and a lot of family time - nothing better (especially since I got some great girlfriend time in, too!)

Colton has started Flag Football and is doing great! Yes, we start them young here in Texas. Luckily for a worried mommy, tackle doesn't start until next year. Colton plays the entire game both offense and defense and he has scored a touchdown in both games. He was penalized 15 yards after his first one for excessive celebration. Jez ref - it's his first real touchdown outside of our living room! I'll post good pictures as the season rolls along.
Just this weekend he got up the courage to try wakeboarding. Until now, he's been very content just to go tubing. I was suprised at how well he did for his first try - much better than his mother! His athleticism definitely is helpful! Uncle Zane was a big help, too.


Rochelle and Laurie are two fabulous friends who are birthday twins! I was lucky enough to be invited to a fantastic "slumber" party on Friday to celebrate. It is an annual event - yippee! A bunch of women in pajamas eating amazing food and laughing hysterically. Thanks Laurie for the pictures and if you'd like to see more click here. I made it home about 1:30am to get a little sleep before waking up early for Colton's football game. Man was I tired. It doesn't take much for me to realize that I'm no longer "young", young at heart maybe, but my body is screaming, "girl, get a grip . . you are 32 not 22!"Rochelle & Laurie

Katri, me, Monica & Laurie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to have you there and now a permanent addition to the evening. I was so bummed that I couldn't par-tay longer. You're fab and I can't wait until our next excursion.

T&D said...

Colton, you are awesome!!

Stephanie said...

Great job Colton! If you're gonna get a penalty at least this is a "nice" one and not one for excessive force ~ right?!?
Fun Girl's Night!!!

The Dawg Pound said...

Way to go on the wakeboard Colton...Preston wishes you lived closer so he had someone to play football with, he says Maddox just is no good!

Stephanie said...

Okay, WAIT! You are still playin' at the lake near October?!? Craziness... That just hit me as I reread your entry.

Calli said...

Yes, it is still hot here! The water is getting cooler, but the kids still love it.